Thursday, July 29, 2010

turning a new page

i dont know what it is about books that turns me off so much. i love learning new things, reading on the internet. but books just really put me off gaining knowledge.

is it that it makes you look like a nerd? i dont know.

and having to carry or hold like 500 pages of writing to learn something or hear a story?

id rather watch a video or movie but when im in the mood il pick up a book.
my brother is reading a really good one at the moment... "physics o the impossible" by Michio Kaku. il get into that once hes finished.

iv been watching heaps of videos tonight about ancient slave humans, ruins and the first homo-sapiens and ended up wanting to buy a book.

i dont believe knowledge should cost $40 or however much a good book is these days.
it should be free. especially knowledge which should be taught in schools.

this is the first piece of knowledge iv wanted to pay money for..

"Slaves species of god" by Michael Tellinger.


if anyone has books along the lines of quantum physics, time travel, DNA alteration, human cloning or conspiracies please let me know and/or borrow them :)

1 comment:

  1. Boy do I...

    Anything by Whitley Strober, all alien stuff... alien implants/letters from people/his encounters... it's really astonishing stuff, you can't really get legit stuff on the internet... books are actually incredible so don't be so fast to judge!

    Really wise, psychological analysis and advice.... that's the shit I reckon you'd love personally... plus it helps you ALOT...
    Andy Andrews, he provides so much wisdom in easy to grasp, relatable and entertaining... The Noticer was the first one I read by him... I think Edwina's reading it at the moment... and I bought the Time Traveller, by mum LOVED it so I'm keen to read but at the moment I'm slowly getting through A new Earth, by Echart Tolle...
    It's easily the best, smartest, wisest, awakening and self-realisational book you will ever read.

    Troy said he's got my next book picked out for me... It's a financial book, but he said the perspective it brings is incredible, so I'm keen to read.

    But yeah... The level of depth and expertise in books compared to anything I've ever read on the internet is incredible... I always thought you'd never find a book/author willing to write about such things but i was terribly wrong.

    Sorry about the essay, I would highly recommend all of the above...
    It takes from thinking you know everything, to realising you know nothing, to slowly understanding more internally and externally, in a well contained, un-arrogant manner.

    :)

    ReplyDelete